Tuesday, April 28, 2015
This project was partly inspired by a blanket my mum bought on Samosir Island back in the 80s. This blanket was woven on a large backstrap loom but I wanted to use my Kromski Rigid Heddle.
I decided to make it as a series of panels and then join them together.
First the black panel. Then the red ...
Next I made the Sami band detail.
I began to join the panels.
I want to add another black and another pattern band. I hope to finish it soon.
Oh I must point out that the weaving is textured and includes 'window pane' patterns created with a pick up stick.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)